My Blog List

  • Part 1 of Final - Part 1 Final: Page 54 You would think it was just a regular day in Los Angeles. It was a sunny morning on a Friday in West Hollywood. I had a me...
    9 years ago
  • - On a beautiful sunny day we were all playing outside with my neighbors. We played all day outside and then it got dark. All of a sudden polices surroun...
    9 years ago
  • - Dear Diary, Today there was so much drama. I ended up going all over the city for him. In the morning he was hanging out with his friends....
    9 years ago
  • How it feels to be taken me - A taken woman like me feels scared, desperate and alive. Wondering a lot, Saying " i love you " to a person wondering to yourself is this too good to be t...
    9 years ago
  • Civil Disobedience - *Civil Disobedience Essay* " If we do not act, we shall survey be dragged down the long, dark and shameful corridors of time reserved for those who posses p...
    9 years ago
  • found haikus 2 - Found Haikus 1. First was the beat cop now there are helicopters just know whats comi...
    9 years ago
  • 1500 Word Essay - Woodstock 1999 Preformed July, 22 to July 25 1999, it was the second large-scale music festival since W...
    9 years ago
  • Descriptive Essay - This winter break I did many things like for instance my dad taught me how to drive, every Sunday. We went to Griffin Park to practice...
    9 years ago
  • EPT - * Margaret Mead:EPT * I agree with with Mead's arg...
    9 years ago

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Who I am is...



Who I am is…

Hi my name Charly Sandoval and I go to Border high school. I am currently in the eleventh grade and am trying to make meaning to my life. Right now I am working on passing all my classes what is known to be the most important year in high school. This determines not only what college I go to but where I will end up in life. I struggle at times but I wouldn't have made it this far with all the steps I took to get here. There were programs, clubs, family, and most importantly my friends that pushed me this far. I am not stopping here but my goals are to get into a good college and have a future. My most important goal for me is to become a physical therapist because it interests me.
I am a quiet and nice student. I do not cause trouble in class or any distractions. I am a hardworking student trying to reach the top of my grade so that I can go to a good college. I am very athletic or I attend to be when I have the time which is hard to keep up nowadays due to hw and test that I have to keep up with. I come from a family of five at home. I am in the magnet program at fairfax high school. I tend to get my teachers to love me since it is a very big deal. I know for a fact that I will need recommendations in the future and it will be good to ask for a favors every now and then. I barely receive this one thing called sleep. I am usually tired but I tend to hide it as I know I cannot let it affect me in class. To me, C's are not acceptable at all because it shows that I did not work hard enough. This shows who I am and I do not have much outside of school since school sucks the life out of me.
There are a lot of reasons how I got here. I believe that it began when I was in the eighth grade. I began the year thinking to myself I have to do something before I leave the school and go to Fairfax. I was having trouble but then one day my P.E. teacher told me about a club that trains young students like me into running the LA marathon which is 26.2 miles. I thought to myself and I knew for a fact that I couldn't do it physically but mentally I thought to myself, just do it and don't look back. From the start I was having a rough time but I didn't quit. I kept going through and eventually I kept improving slowly. Then after seven months of non stop practice I completed the marathon. It then made me realize something, if I want to complete something, I only have to put my mind to it and I will accomplish it. That also took me to the road of high school. Though that was only the start.
When I arrived in highschool, I didn't find it as difficult as I should have. Things at home kept me balanced and ahead of schedule. Freshman year was the easiest year. All my classes were easy and I felt as if I didn't challenge myself as much. Though at the same time that is where I felt like I had time for something else. That is when I decided to join SRLA again and cross country at the same time. That year was the year where I was at my top physical shape. Thought at the end of the year, my friend mentioned that they are recruiting people for a program called upward bound. I was immediately interested and I applied as quickly as I could. Due to this program I was able to complete two math classes where one was to get ahead and the other was to make up a class I messed up on. This program also helped prepare where to start for college and where to begin. It also prepped me into taking the SAT.
At the moment I am currently still working on school. I recently got a job on weekend so that means that I would have to be juggling a lot of things but I feel as if I can handle it. I come from a family of five. It is an interesting combination. I live with my grandma, grandpa, mom, and older brother. I am the youngest of my siblings. I am also the first one in my entire family to be born in the United States. I am also possibly the youngest one in my family to start working young. The reason I got a job so young is because of college. I want to prepare and start saving up for college since I know that these times are difficult.
I am thankful for having the close friends I have today because they're the ones that helped me get this far. I am thankful for my bestfriend, friends, and especially girlfriend. Not only did they help me but they showed me what's to wait ahead in my journey. I am also thankful to my mentors from upward bound. I am thankful to my trigonometry teacher for preparing me to write essays. Also I will accomplish my lifetime goal to becoming a doctor.

4 comments:

  1. It seems like you are a very studious person and wants to do really well in life>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fairfax Highschool should be turned into BORDER highschool

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very interested the way you created this other character which relates to you. Essay is well done with a good format.

    ReplyDelete