My Blog List

  • Part 1 of Final - Part 1 Final: Page 54 You would think it was just a regular day in Los Angeles. It was a sunny morning on a Friday in West Hollywood. I had a me...
    9 years ago
  • - On a beautiful sunny day we were all playing outside with my neighbors. We played all day outside and then it got dark. All of a sudden polices surroun...
    9 years ago
  • - Dear Diary, Today there was so much drama. I ended up going all over the city for him. In the morning he was hanging out with his friends....
    9 years ago
  • How it feels to be taken me - A taken woman like me feels scared, desperate and alive. Wondering a lot, Saying " i love you " to a person wondering to yourself is this too good to be t...
    9 years ago
  • Civil Disobedience - *Civil Disobedience Essay* " If we do not act, we shall survey be dragged down the long, dark and shameful corridors of time reserved for those who posses p...
    9 years ago
  • found haikus 2 - Found Haikus 1. First was the beat cop now there are helicopters just know whats comi...
    9 years ago
  • 1500 Word Essay - Woodstock 1999 Preformed July, 22 to July 25 1999, it was the second large-scale music festival since W...
    9 years ago
  • Descriptive Essay - This winter break I did many things like for instance my dad taught me how to drive, every Sunday. We went to Griffin Park to practice...
    9 years ago
  • EPT - * Margaret Mead:EPT * I agree with with Mead's arg...
    9 years ago

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Descriptive Essay: My Winter Break

     Right when I started winter break began, I spent some time with my girlfriend after school. After a good time of preparing for a long break without each other, Then I went home and did the usual. Since the school year has been stressful, that night I feel asleep for approximately twelve hours. That was the longest I have ever slept in the entire year. That morning I made a smoothie for breakfast since I like smoothies. I usually put strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries in it along with a banana and oatmeal. That weekend I dedicated to my hard work during finals week which I managed to pass all of them.
     Throughout the break I have had the liberty of creating new activities and completing them since i had a lot of time to myself since school was out. One of the things I was able to do was watch Netflix and playing video games. Although I had a lot of free time, their were times I didn't. Last year was the first time out of all the years me and my family have co-hosted a secret santa within all of us and family friends whom we always spend the holidays with. So I happened to get my grandmother's friend. Her name is Mila and she has been in my life since I was two years old at the time. Even though I knew her most of my entire life, it was very very difficult for me to find the perfect present for her. By the way, she is around sixty two years old. So I went to one place where I would be able to find something. I knew for starters that she would be into Jcpenny and Macys items. I knew that I wouldn't be able to find clothing for her so I had an idea of what I was able to get.
     Something I realized was that she could use and need was a watch. So that being said started my adventure at the Westfield Mall. I went running around what seemed like a never ending mall with endless stores from within. It was all for a perfect watch I was yet left to find. It was very difficult and I also did not want to buy what others would describe as a cheap watch it was for someone that I grew up with in my life. During my endless search I decided to take a break and eat. I went walking to the food court and smelling the the fresh chicken being made. I decided to get mongolian food out of everything available there. As I started eating I felt the steam of the food go through my face and I will tell you that it smells delicious. Even as I'm typing, the thought of it makes me hungry. After I was done eating, I managed to get up ignoring that I was very full from the food I ate and continued searching for what yet is to be found, a perfect watch. I made my way down Macy's at what seemed to be a pile of people doing the same thing and looking for what seems like a perfect gift. I made my way over to the women's section accessories where I was finding the best watch. I could not determine which was better but the price of it helped me know which one I can afford because I'm was broke. Then something magical happened.
     This only ever happens once in a life time, and for the first time it happened to me in a huge mall, something caught my eye with a shine. Like it's that type of shine that tells you it's meant to be. That's when you can tell it's meant to be. As I get closer to where I saw the shine come from, I come upon what seems like a glass case and it was in need of a key. I asked for assistance and I recieved it. Though it was not that simple, it appeared as if the employees did not know of the key that belonged to the case. Oh I waited for what seemed centuries for them to find the right key. However my curiosity grew and grew until it came alive. I tried to open the case myself and while trying that I made a discovery. The stupid lock was broken and was in no need of a key. I then took out a marvelous case and opened it and I found the perfect watch. It was perfect size and better yet perfect price. I bought it knowing I have done the impossible. I went home that day happy and full of pride. 

2 comments: